Question Unable to get Lian Li cpu cooler to latch on AM5 socket.

kwjorders

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hello, I am in the process of installing a Lian Li GA II Trinity Performance 360 cooler on my new gigabyte X870E motherboard. The Cooler box shows am5 support. but the instruction only reference am4. I watched a video online of a install but I cannot get both sides of the cooler to latch on. It feels like I am pressing on the CPU which has me concerned. I got both side latched once but when tightening the screws it popped right off. What am I doing wrong here. I have built many systems before and never had issue with installing CPU coolers. Do I just not tighten them all the way to prevent it popping right off? Any help would be great here.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you follow through steps outlined in this video;
View: https://youtu.be/TrEenzOuM_Y?t=849

?

Also, have you corroborated with the hardware included with your AIO to conform to the mount for your motherboard? Would be a good idea if you could include images of what you're dealing with so we're all on the same page.

Do I just not tighten them all the way to prevent it popping right off?
You shouldn't need to tighten all the way down, just enough to offer resistance from the mount to prevent the clasps from disengaging.

I got both side latched once but when tightening the screws it popped right off.
You perform a couple of turns on each side until they both are offering resistance, as opposed to doing one side first and then moving to the next.