Question Unable to get viewsonic vx3211-4k to work at 4k@60hz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my new monitor ViewSonic VX3211-4K which is I'm unable to get monitor run 4k at 60hz (as advertised),
although I have already tried connecting the monitor to two different computers (one with intel core i3 6 gen and one with i7 6 gen - which means intel hd graphics 520, supports up to 4k@60hz)
with the included HDMI 2.0 cable, also with another pc via displayport.

I get very good picture and good colors in 4k at 30hz, but as you can guess 30hz is kind of laggy.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers, but still the same, no option for 4k at 60hz.

I also tried every troubleshooting possible on the internet, but still the same, no 4k at 60hz option.

I even tried using the screen with Linux instead of Windows, and even in Linux there was option for only 4k at 30hz.
Also tried the app Costume Resolution Utility, didn't seem to help.
Tried restarting both the computers and the monitor, but nothing new.
Also tried using different hdmi 2.0 cables.

Anyone can help?

Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the reply,
I already downloaded and installed and reinstalled the driver multiple times, for no good.

Mainly I use my school laptop, which doesn't have a dedicated gpu, so it has the intel hd graphics 520.
I got the monitor mainly to have bigger screen (most of my studying is from the computer) and to watch movies, so no gaming at all.

Apr 22, 2019
I checked, cpu and gpu both support.
Is there anything I need to pay attention to?
Because I've tried 3 different PCs and one was able to get to the 4k@60hz, one of them has an i7 6gen and nvidia mobile gpu (i forgot the exact model)...

Status
Not open for further replies.