Unable to Install Driver

Sep 14, 2018
I installed a new 970 evo ssd and freshly installed windows in there after formatting the WD Blue 1TB HD now i am not able to update display drivers. I have tried reinstalling Windows in the SSD, have removed the SSD and tried to update the driver after installing windows in HD; I am getting nowhere, (i have a GTX 1060 6Gb) Can someone help me through this?

You don't mention which version of Windows, but if you let Windows update by itself, it should pull down the correct drivers for your card, along with the rest of the motherboard drivers.
But, if doing it manually, make sure you're installed the motherboard drivers before you try to install the GPU drivers.

No idea why you can't update a display driver.
Do you get some sort of a message?
Have you downloaded the correct driver for your OS and device?

But, when you installed windows on the ssd, you need to leave the HDD disconnected or windows will put hidden recovery partitions on it and not let you run without the hdd.

Sep 14, 2018
Thanks Petrossa and geofelt, I have installed Windows 10 pro version.. I know I should let windows update itself but it doesn't. Says failed to install and about 80% download is done it gets hung. Before having put the SSD every update worked fine even the display driver. Nope haven't installed motherboard drivers, how do I go about that?
Geofelt no message actually from yesterday about two times watchdog error came up but drivers don't get updated even windows isn't getting updating to the latest one. And I didn't leave the HDD disconnected while installing windows on SSD.
Any solutions I need to start my editing.