Question Unable to install memory - constant beeping when turning on the PC

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Hello there geeks,

I recently received two kits of Corsair Vengeance (I probably misspelled that)

The first kit is 2x4 Corsair Vengeance normal edition 1600 MHZ and the other one is Corsait Vengeance PRO Series 2x4 1600 MHZ

So here is the issue -

When I install the ram (of course properly, I push down on the sticks until I hear a click from the pins on the motherboard + I made sure both pins are 'tuckled'
When I turn on my PC - there is continous non-stop beeping and the computer doesn't boot.
The issue is not related to the motherboard slots, as when I put the old ram - everything works just fine.

Now - I tried removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes (more like speedrunning) as I didn't had much time to deal with this - and it still didn't work.

I tried with each set individually - not all in one.

Cheers!

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
What does the rest of the system look like? Could you list more specs such as motherboard and CPU?
Absolutely!

Motherboard: GA-Q77M-D2H (don't even talk about it :D)
CPU: I5 2500K - I made a research, and apparently this is the best memory for my CPU.
GPU: R9 290X
PSU: 500W Cooler Master (Don't know anything else about it)
HDD: 1TB WD BLUE

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
Absolutely!

Motherboard: GA-Q77M-D2H (don't even talk about it :D)
CPU: I5 2500K - I made a research, and apparently this is the best memory for my CPU.
GPU: R9 290X
PSU: 500W Cooler Master (Don't know anything else about it)
HDD: 1TB WD BLUE
Just confirming, which slots are your RAM plugged into? I went through the manual to check real quick and it should be in slots 2&4 (starting from the left) if you're slotting in only 2 like you said. Also according to the official memory supported list on their website neither sticks are on the website but that doesn't mean much since they said at the top "Due to massive memory modules on the market, we can only verify some of them".

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Just confirming, which slots are your RAM plugged into? I went through the manual to check real quick and it should be in slots 2&4 (starting from the left) if you're slotting in only 2 like you said. Also according to the official memory supported list on their website neither sticks are on the website but that doesn't mean much since they said at the top "Due to massive memory modules on the market, we can only verify some of them".

The dual memory channel slots are blue, and the normal ones are white. I plugged them into the blue ones - as you said 2&4 from left to right.

The sticks are nearly as new - they belong to my friend which used them for like a month till he upgraded to DDR4, and they were working just fine.

As I explained - when I plug them into the motherboard and turn my PC on, it starts beeping (short beeps, non stop)

The dual memory channel slots are blue, and the normal ones are white. I plugged them into the blue ones - as you said 2&4 from left to right.

The sticks are nearly as new - they belong to my friend which used them for like a month till he upgraded to DDR4, and they were working just fine.

As I explained - when I plug them into the motherboard and turn my PC on, it starts beeping (short beeps, non stop)
Test each stick one at a time in the proper slot.