Unable to install Win 7 in new my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

gowthamrj

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
While installing windows 7 in my new build am getting an error as "a required CD/DVD device driver is missing.

Mobo : Asus prime b350 plus
CPU : ryzen 5 1500x
Ram: corsair lpx vengeance 8 GB

I tried disabling USB 3.0 & 3.1 in bios
But it doesn't work

Please let me know the solution ASAP

And, understand that you will not have access to Windows Update on that platform. Windows 7 is not supported on the latest platforms from Intel and AMD. Yes, there are unofficial workarounds, but there are absolutely no guarantees that they won't hose your system.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
More information needed. What are installing from? A CD/DVD or USB?
What type of storage device are you installing to? HDD, SSD, M.2?

I just did a win7-64 install, painlessly, from an OEM CD/DVD drive to an HDD, then cloned that to an M.2. I had to download win7-64 bit compliant drivers from ASRock (Taichi board) along with TWO MS hotfix files you can find referenced in other threads here at Tom's. Then I had to have the M.2 NVMe drivers from Samsung. All the extra files on a USB.

The install was easy enough and win7 initially complained I was running a pirate copy until I was able to get the system setup and verify my OS via the MS web connection. I am not sure what ASUS offers for win7 compliant drivers for that board, but see if they do and download those. There is no "need" to use win10 if you don't want to or "need" to for some other purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.