Unable to install Windows 10 on new motherboard

jules1204

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hey guys, I need some help because I've really run out of ideas.

I had Asus Al Suite 3 and did the 5 way automatic optimization. The program told me that my PC would have to restart a few times, and at first everything went well. Then suddenly after optimizing fan speed, the PC was stuck in Windows Automatic Repair loop. Nothing worked, I couldn't reset windows so I tried to reinstall. Long story short: Nothing worked, everytime I tried to install Windows 10 I got stuck in a boot loop, I never managed to get to the Windows Boot Manager. Tried Ubuntu then, I could click on 'install' but then my PC restarted and I was back at the beginning.
I removed everything except for one ram stick, mobo and cpu but it still didn't work, so I figured that my mobo was dead. Ordered a new one, put that in, rebooted - still the same issue. I can't get to the Boot Manager (btw, I am using an USB stick with Windows 10 ISO file).
I went into BIOS, loaded optimized defaults, changed boot priority, disabled secure boot and fast boot, also updated the BIOS: Nothing works! My PC turns on and fans and watercooler are working but sometimes I don't even get a signal to monitor. I have to reset the mobo and then it works again ... I really have no clue what is causing the issue, so I'd really appreciate some help.

the specs are:
Intel Core i7 6700K
Old Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
New Motherboard: MSI Z170 SLI Plus
Corsair H100i V2
750 Watt PSU Corsair
Hyper X Fury 32 GB
250GB Samsung SSD + 1TB Seagate HD
MSI GTX 970

Thank you!

jules1204

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hm I used a new USB Stick and followed the steps. The MSI Logo pops up and then the screen goes black. I waited a while, but it doesn't change. I still can't get the option to install Windows 10 ..

This is what I would do, but of course you probably already have done this.

1. Reset the BIOS as per the instructions on page 24 of your manual. (Just reset, do not update your BIOS.)
2. Follow the directions on page 32 of your manual, and specifically pay attention to step number 4 under Installing Windows.

Report back after you do this.

jules1204

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
OK, I did all the steps, but it whenever I choose to boot from the USB stick the screen goes black for 2 seconds, then seems to reboot as it returns to the screen where I could press a key to return to BIOS or Boot menu. The process repeated itself and then it seemed to freeze. It didn't turn black anymore but I also couldn't get into BIOS.

also the monitor didn't get a signal 2 out of 3 times that I turned the PC on. Everything seems to work a lot better whenever there is no USB stick plugged in.