Unable to install Windows 10

SimoneP

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I have an Asus R556L laptop which I bought some time ago, the laptop got very slow to the point that it took like 10 minutes to get from the Asus logo to the login screen of Windows 10.

So I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows 10. I made an windows 10 usb with the help tool from microsoft, I changed the boot order in the BIOS and booted the USB. I formatted my partitions and started the installation, all went well untill I got some weird error about something not being formatted properly (I didn't save the error), I then tried to install again but I got this error "no new system partition can be created and no existing system partition found''. I have no idea what this error means, I have like 4 partitions and I formatted all of them.

I googled the error and people said that using the default settings in the BIOS could help. So I tried that but now my usb will no longer boot, in the BIOS I'm able to see the USB and it's the only boot option. But I just get a black screen after the Asus logo. Any idea what I can do? I no longer have an OS on this laptop since I formatted everything. Also no disk drive on this laptop.

popatim

Titan
Set the bios to boot from the hdd/ssd. save and exit.
While its rebooting, watch the screen for a message that says something akin to 'Select Boot device' and press the F-key it says to.
Now select the USB device from the list that pops up.
When windows install hits the 'where do you want to install to' screen, click the Drive Options link and delete the partitions. When the whole drive is unallocated, select it and click next.

SimoneP

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I was able to get to the blue windows logo this way, it was loading and after that I just got a black screen and nothing happened. The usb stick isn't doing anything anymore at that point, I even tried a different usb stick and had the exact same results.