unable to install XP Pro WD 120 gig SATA

This is the first system I have built...
MSI K8N NEO platinum, AMD 64 2800, 1 Gig PC3200, WD 120gig SATA HDD, Mad Dog
DVDRW, Liteon DVDRom all in a coolermaster Centurion case.

Ok, everything went together fine..have tried different ways to get this
drive recognized, right now, all that shows in post is the DVDRW as primary
master and the WD as THIRD master...?

When I boot from my XP pro disk, I hit XP and when prompted install the mass
storage driver and the raid driver. Install continues until it reaches the
first stage of "starting windows" then nothing, it just stalls.

I have done this several times, twice I have gotten errors...The first one
stated that a device could not be mounted.

The second time, it indicated something about checking cables and something
about a virus.

I wonder, is there some sort of transport screw I should have removed from
the WD? ( it didn't say anything in the literature).
IS the drive bad?
Am I not loading the correct drivers?

Thanks for the input...
Brandon

Virus protection is disabled in the bios? It should be.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Virus protection is disabled in the bios? It should be.
>
> --
> Jan Alter
> bearpuf@verizon.net
> or
> jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
> <bnd-66@cox.netthefish> wrote in message
> > This is the first system I have built...
> > MSI K8N NEO platinum, AMD 64 2800, 1 Gig PC3200, WD 120gig SATA HDD, Mad
> > Dog
> > DVDRW, Liteon DVDRom all in a coolermaster Centurion case.
> >
> > Ok, everything went together fine..have tried different ways to get this
> > drive recognized, right now, all that shows in post is the DVDRW as
> > primary
> > master and the WD as THIRD master...?
> >
> > When I boot from my XP pro disk, I hit XP and when prompted install the
> > mass
> > storage driver and the raid driver. Install continues until it reaches
> > the
> > first stage of "starting windows" then nothing, it just stalls.
> >
> > I have done this several times, twice I have gotten errors...The first
one
> > stated that a device could not be mounted.
> >
> > The second time, it indicated something about checking cables and
> > something
> > about a virus.
> >
> > I wonder, is there some sort of transport screw I should have removed
from
> > the WD? ( it didn't say anything in the literature).
> > IS the drive bad?
> > Am I not loading the correct drivers?
> >
> > Thanks for the input...
> > Brandon

What is boot order? On some motherboards you use SCSI instead of SATA in
boot order.