Unable to load anything in Chrome but Edge works

Feb 8, 2019
I just build my PC and installed Windows 10. Chrome worked fine until the last windows update finished. Now Chrome will not load webpages. I've tried everything I could research online and nothing is working. I actually have this same issue on my recently built media pc with windows 10.

Hello jefflynn

Can you please elaborate what troubleshooting steps did you take to rectify the issue?

If not already done so, can you please try disabling all the extensions and then using Chrome? If this doesn't help, please try uninstalling, and then re-installing Chrome and see if this helps.

Cheers!!

Feb 8, 2019

Well I just built this pc and have been tried reformatting and doing a clean install of windows several times time. I've also changed my IPv4 DNS address, reset TCP/IP, re-installed chrome, and disabled firewall. The weird thing is chrome was able to load sites that I had bookmarked once just after importing all those into the Edge browser, but I was unable to go to any other website without it timing out.

Feb 8, 2019
UPDATE: After I reset TCP/IP again it seems to be working for now.
2nd UPDATE: now only facebook seems to load on Chrome and no other websites...this is the weirdest thing.