Question Unable to load images and certain websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
For some odd reason, images don't load on sites like reddit, facebook etc. When I go onto google images, when there's an image from one of these sites it's just a grainy, low quality picture. Pictures from other sites work fine, say for example if I go onto a news website, the images load fine.

Certain sites like Imgur, Gyazo and other sites are also inaccessible, it doesn't allow me to load the page at all. I'm currently using Brave browser.

I'll post some screenshots so you can get a better understanding of what I mean.

Seems like there's some strange sort of parental controls going on but I have no idea where to look them up and disable them, or maybe if a certain extension of the browser is stopping them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/QTgLh0V/37cace0c

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
can change it? sound like some parent control
Yeah, honestly no idea what's happened. Tried to manually change my DNS but it keeps changing back. Gonna try and log into my modem and see if I can see anything going on there. If all else fails I think I'll just have to completely wipe my system and start fresh.

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
If you browse the internet with an extremely old slow computer, or you're using a WiFi connection at extreme range, as web page rendering slows down, you may notice some web sites send a low resolution of the image first, then upgrade it to a higher resolution.

I sometimes have problems rendering certain web sites in Mozilla Firefox and I have to switch to Microsoft Edge. It might be worth temporarily trying something other than Brave, to see if it's a rendering problem on a web site that doesn't support your browser.

Some web site creators concentrate on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and don't check for compatibility with other "less popular" browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts