Unable To Load Win10 / Error code: 0xc0000428 / Windows Cannot Verify Norton File

WOLFMANMcBAINE

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I knew I wasn't making any sense before. After searching the file path, we now have a clue as to what the problem is.

According to someone elsewhere, Windows apparently cannot verify this file. This is the text I see below whenever I try to boot.

Begin===========================

Recovery

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified

\Windows\system32\drivers\NISx64\1609040.008\SYMEFA64.SYS
Error code: 0xc0000428

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact you PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Start-up Settings
Press Esc For UEFI Firmware settings

End=============================

According to this guy on the other windows place, files/folder/file path is part of Norton and that file is needed as its part of early malware detection in boot up. The guy goes into detail on how to solve it which is to go into advance mode. However, the option to go into advance mode isn't available to me at the moment, because I'm stuck. All I see is the message and I cannot go any further than what I'm seeing.

What am I to do next? I have an OEM CD.

Solution
edit SOLVED
This should be marked as the solution:

When you come across this error and you're stuck at ground level, press F11 to run recovery.

After which you'll be taken to >> Choose your keyboard layout >> select whichever is appropriate for you.
You'll be taken to >> Choose an option screen >> select "Troubleshoot" >> select Advance option >> select "System Restore" >>
In "System Restore" screen >> select the target operating system >> I selected Windows 10
A "System Restore" window will appear. Click next >> select an earlier time when your PC was working properly and click "Finish"

In my case, I was taken to the point in time where I had just...

WOLFMANMcBAINE

Commendable
May 11, 2016
Hi. I already backed up all my stuff. I have no other way to format the disk though. I'm working off a mini laptop. I think I may need to buy a fresh hdd if that's the case then, but I want to avoid that because, 1) I'm about all out of cash for the week. 2) Probably a stupid question, but if I do a reinstall, will the product key become invalid? I'll add just in case, I didn't need to punch in the code first time round. Thanks for your reply.

WOLFMANMcBAINE

Commendable
May 11, 2016
edit SOLVED
This should be marked as the solution:

When you come across this error and you're stuck at ground level, press F11 to run recovery.

After which you'll be taken to >> Choose your keyboard layout >> select whichever is appropriate for you.
You'll be taken to >> Choose an option screen >> select "Troubleshoot" >> select Advance option >> select "System Restore" >>
In "System Restore" screen >> select the target operating system >> I selected Windows 10
A "System Restore" window will appear. Click next >> select an earlier time when your PC was working properly and click "Finish"

In my case, I was taken to the point in time where I had just finished with the reinstallation. Its was an automatic restore point. So I completed the usual set up for windows >> entering a password for my account and no linking up Microsoft account. Or in your case maybe, linking up Microsoft account to Admin account. Proceed with either which and you're done.

Solution