Question Unable to make memory run at full 3200mhz because no XMP option on Lenovo Motherboard

Feb 24, 2023
Hi, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Prebuilt PC (Lenovo T5) It comes with DDR4-3200 Kingston 16GB memory, but for some reason the memory is limited at a speed of 1600MHz, which is affecting performance in certain games, I'm trying to get the memory to run at it's full potential, but I can't seem to get it to work. I went to the BIOS and noticed that there is no XMP option to make my memory run at a faster speed.
Do I genuinely have to buy a new motherboard and RAM to make my memory work well?

Hi, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Prebuilt PC (Lenovo T5) It comes with DDR4-3200 Kingston 16GB memory, but for some reason the memory is limited at a speed of 1600MHz, which is affecting performance in certain games, I'm trying to get the memory to run at it's full potential, but I can't seem to get it to work. I went to the BIOS and noticed that there is no XMP option to make my memory run at a faster speed.
Do I genuinely have to buy a new motherboard and RAM to make my memory work well?
Yes, Eximo is right on the button. The ram runs at 1600 x 2 (DDR - Double data rate).

Your mem is running perfectly. Nothing to worry about.

You can check this in CPU-z on the mem/spd tabs :)

Feb 24, 2023
all looks fine

so what issue you have?
So I bought this PC to play videogames at a better performance than the laptop I was running, but I found out that this PC was struggling with a game like World of Warcraft quite a bit, it seemed to have noticeable frame drops in the open world, and especially in raids, issues that the notebook didn't have as much. A PC with a 3060 TI and a R7 5800 should be able to run games like WoW at max graphics settings without FPS issues, right? So the RAM was the only thing that made sense to why the PC wasn't running the game that well. I might be completely wrong because I'm not a massive hardware geek, but that's why I thought this was an issue
Edit: I run World of Warcraft at a mere medium graphic settings on the T5 and still struggling to get 100 FPS consistent, while my laptop with a 1660 TI and a i7-10750H, was able to run the game at max settings at 120 FPS