Question Unable to Output QHD 144hz

Apr 28, 2020
Hello all,

I have got a Samsung JG56 (27" QHD) panel, which supports 144hz. Unfortunately I am not able to ouput 144hz, my only options are up to 60hz. I did once manage to reach 72hz at one point but for some reason do not have that option anymore.

I've done a bit of research into the monitor and it can only output QHD at 144hz from HDMI 2 or Displayport. So currently I am using HDMI 2 to connect to my laptop (as my laptop does not have Displayport). But unfortunately I still do not have the option to select 144hz. My laptop has Intel HD Graphics 4600 + Nvidia GTX 860m. Neither in the HD Graphics / Nvidia control panel is there an option to select 144hz. I have also installed the 'driver' for the monitor - but unsure what that's really done... Finally I've checked the in-monitor settings and Gsync is off, and it is set at 144hz.

I think I've pretty much exhausted my options for now. I think that my laptop's HDMI port does not have the bandwidth to support 144hz, if so I guess I'm not going to get it...

Any advice would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance.