Unable to play games after Windows 8.1

mrheartbreaker21

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I recently updated my MSI GE40 to Windows 8.1. After the update, I could still play my games although I noticed that some of my drivers needed to be updated in order for it to work properly with Windows 8.1. I used a third-party software called DriverEasy for it to scan and help me download the updates required for my drivers. I never actually finished updating all of my drivers but some of them like Realtek HD Audio device, Intel chipset, and etc. were updated. Unfortunately, after the update, I could no longer play my games. GTA IV doesn't launch at all. The Witcher 2 brings me back at the launcher after I press launch game. Skyrim has an error that says "Failed to initialize renderer. Unknown error creating the renderer." Telltale's The Walking Dead also has an error that says "Could not initialize Direct3D. Make sure you have current video drivers and close any other applications that might be running. You will need a video card that supports at least pixel shader 1.2." Mysteriously, Telltale's The Wolf Among Us launches but unlike before, it starts in windowed mode. Could anyone please help me what the problem is and how do I fix it?