Question Unable to set my RAM to 3200mhz using XMP profile

Apr 13, 2019
I currently have a G.skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB), and I have been trying to enable the xmp profile in bios to get it up to 3200mhz, but every time I do that, I would get a blue screen after using my computer for a while ( few minutes) afterwards. The motherboard I currently have is B450 Gigabyte Aorus Elite. I have also found a list of compatible RAM with my motherboard, and my RAM is not on there. Is this perhaps the reason why putting it to 3200mhz does not work? Looking at the G.Skill one they have on the list, the only difference I have noticed between that one and the one I currently have is the difference in capacity, 64gb vs 18gb.

Link: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus-elite_pinnacle.pdf

...I have also found a list of compatible RAM with my motherboard, and my RAM is not on there. Is this perhaps the reason why putting it to 3200mhz does not work?
That is the reason you are not able to get the RAM to hit 3200MHz.
It there are any BIOS updates available, try that first.
A which speed is your RAM running stable?
You could manually adjust timings and voltage and you might be able to get it to 3200MHz or very close to it.
Get CPU-Z and see the timings and voltage require for that RAM to run at 3200MHz.
Also you could select the

Apr 13, 2019
That is the reason you are not able to get the RAM to hit 3200MHz.
It there are any BIOS updates available, try that first.
A which speed is your RAM running stable?
You could manually adjust timings and voltage and you might be able to get it to 3200MHz or very close to it.
Get CPU-Z and see the timings and voltage require for that RAM to run at 3200MHz.
Also you could select the
I have updated my BIOS to the latest version (F30)
My RAM is running stable at 2133, and I have no idea what values to set my voltage and timings to for manual adjustment. I have tried to look for videos and posts online but so far, I have yet to find anything helpful.
I'm having trouble posting the screenshot of my CPUZ pic, but here is what it says under "Memory"

DDRAM Frequency | 1064.1mhZ
FSB: DRAM | 3:32
CL | 15.0
trCD | 15
tRP | 15
tRAS | 36
tRC | 51
CR | 1T

Also, I believe you got cut off towards the end there.

EDIT: I'm using dual channel 2x8 16gb

Apr 13, 2019
mamually put the xmp jedec settings in bios and the voltages for ram then apply it they might go up to 2933 max .
Which one should I go with? JDEC 6 or 7? Or does it not matter?

EDIT: Also, there are two voltage settings: DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) and DDR profile voltage. Do I just need to change the DDR profile voltage? This voltage setting is also the only voltage that is changed when I apply XMP.

Last edited:
Which one should I go with? JDEC 6 or 7? Or does it not matter?

EDIT: Also, there are two voltage settings: DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) and DDR profile voltage. Do I just need to change the DDR profile voltage? This voltage setting is also the only voltage that is changed when I apply XMP.
The RAM is already running at JEDEC settings.
You should enter the settings for XMP-3200.
16-18-18-38-56 / 1.350v.