[SOLVED] Unable to tighten timings

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hey lads, just bought a ryzen 5600x along with b550m-ds3h and crucial ballistix 2x8 4000Mhz XMP 18-19-19-39
The problem is with the timings, i can adjust it, set it to whatever but both aida 64 and CPUZ says it's still sitting at 18CL. Latest bios F13 oh btw just realized my FCLK is 1800Mhz, gonna tune it to 2Ghz
Installed latest amd driversvand ryzen master but won't mess with it.. everything else is stock, smt off, uclk auto.
Oh btw i thought that NB will be at 2000Mhz but it is just 998Mhz (even if uclk is 1:1 or 1/2 the result is the same)
What's wrong heere? Thanx

Solution
Maan i apreciate that but please, i am well aware of this stuff..
I just can not change the timings - well, i can change the values in the BIOS, i tried set CL to 17CL but CPUZ and even AIDA64 says the CL is still sitting at 18CL, NOT 17CL i set in bios.. any ideas what's wrong?
If you are using XMP/DOCP, most BIOS versions would not let you change some critical settings or it won't boot with them.
You'll have to do full manual RAM OC/settings.
In addition there are some other rules to changing Cl that also depend on particular RAM architecture.
Try to et best settings with DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen-1.7.3
What are you trying to change? CL18 only refers to the first number in that string 18-19-19-39

CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-CMD

18 CL: CAS Latency. The time it takes between a command having been sent to the memory and when it begins to reply to it. It is the time it takes between the processor asking for some data from the memory and then returning it.

19 tRCD: RAS to CAS Delay. The time it takes between the activation of the line (RAS) and the column (CAS) where the data are stored in the matrix.

19 tRP: RAS Precharge. The time it takes between disabling the access to a line of data and the beginning of the access to another line of data.

39 tRAS: Active to Precharge Delay. How long the memory has to wait until the next access to the memory can be initiated.

CMD: Normally in the bios as T1, T2 or N1, N2

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
I just can not change the timings - well, i can change the values in the BIOS, i tried set CL to 17CL but CPUZ and even AIDA64 says the CL is still sitting at 18CL, NOT 17CL i set in bios.. any ideas what's wrong?

If you are using XMP/DOCP, most BIOS versions would not let you change some critical settings or it won't boot with them.
You'll have to do full manual RAM OC/settings.
In addition there are some other rules to changing Cl that also depend on particular RAM architecture.
Try to et best settings with DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen-1.7.3

Solution

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Ok i did it the different way.. i checked all the timings in bios, one after one and wrote them down.. then i set the speed, memvoltage to 1.36V and started with CL down to 17..
Did not post - RAM is probably not capable to goin lower..
Overall, it is good as it is, shows about 57-58ns in AIDA64 with read about 60000MB/s...
Thanx for the aid