[SOLVED] Unable to turn on without clearing CMOS

Aug 15, 2020
Hello guys, so nearly 1 week ago I upgraded CPU, from R5 1400 to R5 3600. And I recently started to experience troubles when turning on the PC. I have RGB peripherals, so when I click the mouse I see the RGB, so the PC is receiving power, also my USB powered fan works.

I tried to find a permanent fix, like reseating power sw. The only solution that seems to work is to remove CMOS battery and wait for a couple minutes, I've been doing this for a couple days so it's not permanent. This implies to open case, remove GPU, remove CMOS battery, wait a couple minutes, put it back on, install the GPU again, and close the case. Then about 2 minutes of boot time. Obviously it's unbearable to do all that stuff just to turn on the PC.

- Is it really MOBO issues, or it could be anything else? I'm looking to change MOBO anyways, since I threw the package, including M.2 screw, and now I really need to install M.2 drive.

- Do you know of any decent MOBO that supports Ryzen 3000 out of the box? Preferably not Gigabyte, the BIOS sucks

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU: Nox Urano VX 650W 80+ Bronze
Case: Nox Hummer MC USB 3.0
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060

Solution
Hello guys, so today the CMOS reset "workaround" didn't work several times, so I did what was suggested, check CPU and socket. I dont see anything strange just the thermal compoune overextended quite a lot, is there a chance that this is related to my problem? I already cleaned it, i will wait before putting it back on the socket, hoping that someone replies to this... Thanks!

View: https://imgur.com/a/rvyE8Bg
Sorry for the late reply i never was notified this chat had a new post. I dont think the thermal past on the cap of the cpu would be the issue. If it did help by pulling and reseating it was becaise of something else
Hello guys, so nearly 1 week ago I upgraded CPU, from R5 1400 to R5 3600. And I recently started to experience troubles when turning on the PC. I have RGB peripherals, so when I click the mouse I see the RGB, so the PC is receiving power, also my USB powered fan works.

I tried to find a permanent fix, like reseating power sw. The only solution that seems to work is to remove CMOS battery and wait for a couple minutes, I've been doing this for a couple days so it's not permanent. This implies to open case, remove GPU, remove CMOS battery, wait a couple minutes, put it back on, install the GPU again, and close the case. Then about 2 minutes of boot time. Obviously it's unbearable to do all that stuff just to turn on the PC.

- Is it really MOBO issues, or it could be anything else? I'm looking to change MOBO anyways, since I threw the package, including M.2 screw, and now I really need to install M.2 drive.

- Do you know of any decent MOBO that supports Ryzen 3000 out of the box? Preferably not Gigabyte, the BIOS sucks

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU: Nox Urano VX 650W 80+ Bronze
Case: Nox Hummer MC USB 3.0
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060
Have you tried reseating the cpu? And double checkimg your pins arn't bent

Aug 15, 2020
Hello guys, so today the CMOS reset "workaround" didn't work several times, so I did what was suggested, check CPU and socket. I dont see anything strange just the thermal compoune overextended quite a lot, is there a chance that this is related to my problem? I already cleaned it, i will wait before putting it back on the socket, hoping that someone replies to this... Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply i never was notified this chat had a new post. I dont think the thermal past on the cap of the cpu would be the issue. If it did help by pulling and reseating it was becaise of something else

Solution