Unable to use all Ram. Please help

Sep 15, 2018
I have 8GB of ram but it says only 6.9 of its usable. It’s affecting the ability to play certain games and I was wondering if anyone could help. Thank you.

Rayaldi

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
firstly, please specify your current spec, but its mostly because the other 1 GB's is used as VRAM by iGPU, if you you are using PC then you can configure it, but if you are using laptop, then I'm afraid you can't, at least on most models.

EDIT: also,I don't think having only 7 GB (or 6.9 GB) will affect much, since imo, there's still no game out there (yet) that really need 8 GB of free RAM, as long as you don't multi task.

Sep 15, 2018
Processor: Amd Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega graphics 3.50 GHz. Ram:8GB. Graphics: Radeon RX 580 series 8GB memory. Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350H-DSH3H-CF. Those are my specs.

Rayaldi

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

assuming you correctly plug the display to your RX580 then I see no problem in disabling the Shared memory for RX Vega 8, it doesn't support CrossFire anyway, you can do that by disabling UMA Buffer Size in your BIOS. Since I have a different MB's Brand, I'm not sure where you can found that, but it should be there.

Edit: it should be on the M.I.T. Screen then IGX configuration

Sep 15, 2018
I don’t see IGX Configuration. I only see Advanced Frequency settings, Advanced memory settings, advanced voltage settings, PC Health status and miscellaneous settings.

AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\GFX Configuration\UMA Mode\UMA_Specified
AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\GFX Configuration\UMA Frame Buffer Size

if u have amd cbs visible in your bios, here is adress for it
but u should disable your integrated gpu if u dont using it

TRENDING THREADS