Question Unable to use Function Keys in BIOS

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Hi anyone know why or how to fix my problem of unable to use F keys such as F12 in my Bios?

My motherboard is Gigabyte Z77-DS3H.

The motherboard launches to the BIOS main screen where it asks to either press Del, F12, etc etc. But none of the keys i pressed worked.

Thank You

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Use PS/2 keyboard.

I have same issue with my Z97 chipset MoBo. USB keyboard doesn't work during boot up and in BIOS, but when i hook up PS/2 keyboard, it works without issues.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Use PS/2 keyboard.

I have same issue with my Z97 chipset MoBo. USB keyboard doesn't work during boot up and in BIOS, but when i hook up PS/2 keyboard, it works without issues.
I unplugged my GPU and it successfully booted to bios. But with flickering screens, probably due to damaged humidity port or cable.

However, I am still unsure why the issue occurred when my psu was plugged in

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?
The PSU is RM850i it came with the PC as second hand. I plan to get a new one after my RMA on my psu has been accepted.

CPU: I5 3570
GPU: GTX 1050

Also I have just updated my bios. The screen is now completely black when booted up with GPU installed.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?
Nvm its working now somehow 🙃

I just plugged in both my hdmi to motherboard and gpu. Then it suddenly just outputs to the screen. Then I removed hdmi from motherboard and the output still remains from gpu. Though I suspect the fix came from me standing the pc upright instead of laying it flat so the gpu got properly slotted in?

Regardless, I'm glad its now working. Took 4 hours xd

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Though I suspect the fix came from me standing the pc upright instead of laying it flat so the gpu got properly slotted in?
GTX 1050 isn't heavy GPU for it to come out of PCI-E slot. Heck, even beefy GPUs won't come out of PCI-E slot that easily.

As of what might have been the issue - loose cable somewhere. You changing the direction of PC might have slotted the cable better, so that PC now works. So, check all cable connections within your PC, especially power cables.

Reactions: chaoyang