Question Unable to use HDD

Mar 3, 2022
Hello, I'm new to posting stuff / questions on forums so I'm not too sure if I am in the right place or not.

But long story short, I recently formatted my PC since it was crashing / freezing every time I tried downloading or updating my games on steam.

Formatting was stuck on 10% for more than 2 hours for both of my tries therefore I force restarted my pc and formatted my pc by plugging the windows install usb.

After format, both of my SSDs were fine however could not see my HDD. When I somehow found it and tried opening the disk on my computer, it said it requires formatting and also I have no access or rights.

Had to search up solutions on the internet.

Tried the sfc /scannow, disk part -> select disk -> clean, remove all partition and try create new partition with NTFS and quick format, chkdsk (which does not work cause my HDD is in RAW? type), error checking does not work as it requires format but the format basically does not work since I left it for more than 1 hour and no progress was seen.

and now I am here stuck and very lost.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help me.

The HDD model I have is WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 and its pretty old

Cheers

Hello, I'm new to posting stuff / questions on forums so I'm not too sure if I am in the right place or not.

But long story short, I recently formatted my PC since it was crashing / freezing every time I tried downloading or updating my games on steam.

Formatting was stuck on 10% for more than 2 hours for both of my tries therefore I force restarted my pc and formatted my pc by plugging the windows install usb.

After format, both of my SSDs were fine however could not see my HDD. When I somehow found it and tried opening the disk on my computer, it said it requires formatting and also I have no access or rights.

Had to search up solutions on the internet.

Tried the sfc /scannow, disk part -> select disk -> clean, remove all partition and try create new partition with NTFS and quick format, chkdsk (which does not work cause my HDD is in RAW? type), error checking does not work as it requires format but the format basically does not work since I left it for more than 1 hour and no progress was seen.

and now I am here stuck and very lost.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help me.

The HDD model I have is WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 and its pretty old

Cheers
You may have a damaged disk.