Question Unable to use RAM speed in 3200MHz with ASUS notebook

Jan 22, 2022
Hello there. After some Google searching, I faced that I do not have the knowledge to solve this by myself, so I hope I can find someone here that does.

I have an ASUS S46CB notebook, i7-1165G7, running Windows 11 and the latest BIOS version. The notebook had originally an 8GB 3200MHz RAM working in 3200MHz. I bought a Crucial 16GB 3200MHz, but I'm unable to make it run in 3200MHz, instead running in 2667MHz.

The BIOS is locked and has no overclocking option. There are no XMP profiles in it or any configuration regarding the RAM. I contacted ASUS support here in Brazil and they basically said I'm by myself and they won't help me because the BIOS is locked on purpose, even saying I'm risking my warranty.

Right now I'm trying to find a way to change the RAM speed without the BIOS and I learned I few things about SPD, but I couldn't progress much from there, as I can't figure out how to actually flash a XMP profile and make it work or any other way to change speed and the other parameters, like CAS and such, as I also have no idea of which values I should use.

u3HgZd1.png
raRQgwE.png
ug5xH7J.png

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
If the bios is locked there's not much you can do. You can buy ram from Asus that should work at 3200 but that's about it.

Had a friend with an hp omen desktop. Locked bios, couldn't get some nice gskill ram to work at anything above 2133.

Jan 22, 2022
If the bios is locked there's not much you can do. You can buy ram from Asus that should work at 3200 but that's about it.

Had a friend with an hp omen desktop. Locked bios, couldn't get some nice gskill ram to work at anything above 2133.
That sucks. Directly from ASUS is not a option here in Brazil, the price is like five times what I paid in this one and this one was already expensive for me.

Are you sure there is no such way? I saw some forums of people talking about flashing new values into the last bytes of the RAM and something like that.

TRENDING THREADS