unable to use scandisk after updating ZoneAlarm

bullseye

Using a Dell Dimension 4100, W2K pro, 512 meg ram, 80 gig hard disk; just
updated the free version of ZoneAlarm to version 5, defragmented fine,
scanned for virus fine, but ScanDisk goes back to boot up after the initial
screen. Could ZoneAlarm be interfering? What else could it be?

bullseye

After I restart the system and the final black screen comes up to begin
checking the disk, I get this message:

"Cannot open volume for direct access."

"bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message

> Using a Dell Dimension 4100, W2K pro, 512 meg ram, 80 gig hard disk; just
> updated the free version of ZoneAlarm to version 5, defragmented fine,
> scanned for virus fine, but ScanDisk goes back to boot up after the
initial
> screen. Could ZoneAlarm be interfering? What else could it be?

Get rid of ZA5 and go back to 4.5 until they solve the problems with it.

The upgrade has problems with too many programs to even begin naming them
all.
For a quick glimpse, take a look at the support forums on www.zonelabs.com

"bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message

> Using a Dell Dimension 4100, W2K pro, 512 meg ram, 80 gig hard disk; just
> updated the free version of ZoneAlarm to version 5, defragmented fine,
> scanned for virus fine, but ScanDisk goes back to boot up after the
initial
> screen. Could ZoneAlarm be interfering? What else could it be?

bullseye

Thank you for the tip. I will uninstall version 5 and revert back to 4.5.