Unable to validate windows 7 key when downgrading to 7 from 8 on a Toshiba satellite C75D-B7215.

Enduser1

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
I have dealt with the changing the BIO's to the Legacy settings. Wiped the HDD and done a fresh install with no hangups. That is untill it tries to activate the windows version. I see also that I have to reinstall every driver on it, a hassle but not a huge problem to deal with. Any reasons known as to why this laptop won't validate? The key is absolutly a good one.

Enduser1

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
Yeah that's an option. I'm looking to see if anyone has had to deal with tis first hand and what the solution was. Thanks for the input!
Here again I know the key is valid, I had thought for sure it was tied to the Unity vs CMS/Legacy BIO's issue. But now? Not so sure.

Enduser1

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
Just for additional information about the issue. This deal of not validating is happening on a Hewlett Packard machine also. Exactly the same series of events happening after a fresh install. Not valid key for this machine. I have done a number of builds over the years ans have never seen tihis error or explanation before Win 7 Ultimate N series. I am surprised at the lack of feedback, With as many people as I know who don't care for version 8, I would have thought this would have come up before and a work around been found and known about.

popatim

Titan
If this is a genuine W7 Ult then call the number, That IS the fix for whenever you reinstall to new hardware. It will respond with a code that you input and *boom* you're done. Lord knows how many times I've had to go thru it. Plz keep in mind that OEM versions are tied to the machine they are first installed on and will not transfer over to another build. (the last win8pro build I did I had to call 7 times (2 times to an actual rep)... it kept forgetting it already authenticated)

If this is something that you torrented then what where you expecting?

Enduser1

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014

Enduser1

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
Not torrented. I have a valid technet copy with key I have used countless times and it has always activated without fail. It simply has been an issue on this one machine with the newer BIO's. Hence I was looking to see if it was related to that issue. Your assumtion it's torrented is off base.