Unboxing the Sculpt Mobile and Sculpt Comfort Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Too bad I'm a left thumb spacebar user. I have the wear marks to prove it. The split spacbar is great idea but of limited use for me.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
I can't type on these boards because you need to type exactly how they teach it in typing classes. If you are like me and your hands go all over the place when you type, you will mess up all the time.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I like the option to make the left space bar act as a back space. I know it seems that reaching backspace is easy enough but when I'm typing a long document, having to hit backspace completely stops my momentum. With my left thumb on backspace and my right on 'space' I shouldn't ever need to move my hands out of their proper typing positions.

darthvidor

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I've been using microsoft's keyboards since college particularly the natural/comfort. It's good to know MS still improves what is already good.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]FtsArTek[/nom]Seems like Microsoft is doing what Logitech has for years... My old K350 had a very similar curve on it...[/citation]

Microsoft has had split ergo keyboards for decades (no exaggeration). As for what Microsoft is calling "comfort curve", Microsoft has had that for many years as well. I don't know if Logitech or Microsoft was first, but they've both been at this a very long while.

[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]I'm not big on stickers on the keys. Feels and looks cheap. Plus they wear off quicker than anything else.[/citation]

You do realize the spacebar sticker is temporary and is designed to be peeled off before the user starts using the keyboard, correct?

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]lathe26[/nom]You do realize the spacebar sticker is temporary and is designed to be peeled off before the user starts using the keyboard, correct?[/citation]Not talking about that sticker. Look at the closeups of the keys. The letters are not painted, or engraved on, they are stickers. I have an Azio HTPC thumb keyboard that's the same.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Not talking about that sticker. Look at the closeups of the keys. The letters are not painted, or engraved on, they are stickers. I have an Azio HTPC thumb keyboard that's the same.[/citation]

That is incorrect. The keys are painted onto a small flattened part of the key's plastic. This is an identical manufacturing process that Microsoft (and others) have used for many years. In fact, some of the close up pictures are indistinguishable from the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 that I own, and that keyboard definitely does not use stickers. To my knowledge, Microsoft has not used stickers on any keyboard in the past decade (and perhaps never used them). I have no idea about Azio, I've never touched one.

Status
Not open for further replies.