Question Unconfigurable hardware with a different network ID. Easiest fix?

medic5678

Commendable
Jun 26, 2022
I bought another camera with a static IP address that is different from my current network's ID. I'm on xxx.xxx.10.x and this is set at xxx.xxx.1.188. I usually pull out my other router, which can access that network ID and I change the camera's firmware to DCHP. Then I move it to my xxx, xxx.10.xx network and when I plug it in , it's assigned an address on that network. When I try to load the xxx.xxx.1.188 address when it's on the xxx.xxx.1.xx router where I can access it, it tells me I need a config tool, which I don't have. I did download the tool it but it still doesn't allow me to access the camera's firmware. So I can't seem to modify that camera to knock out the static address.

One other option is I could change my main network over to xxx.xxx.1.xx but that's a lot of work for one camera. Anyone know of a quick way to solve this?

kanewolf

Titan
I bought another camera with a static IP address that is different from my current network's ID. I'm on xxx.xxx.10.x and this is set at xxx.xxx.1.188. I usually pull out my other router, which can access that network ID and I change the camera's firmware to DCHP. Then I move it to my xxx, xxx.10.xx network and when I plug it in , it's assigned an address on that network. When I try to load the xxx.xxx.1.188 address when it's on the xxx.xxx.1.xx router where I can access it, it tells me I need a config tool, which I don't have. I did download the tool it but it still doesn't allow me to access the camera's firmware. So I can't seem to modify that camera to knock out the static address.

One other option is I could change my main network over to xxx.xxx.1.xx but that's a lot of work for one camera. Anyone know of a quick way to solve this?
Factory reset the camera. Typically it will default to DHCP and will therefore be in the correct subnet.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
What brand/model? You sure there is no reset button? When I setup the old Chromecast, I also could not find it. :rolleyes:

Besides, you don't have to mask LAN IP address, no one can access.

Just put full LAN IP addresses, it's easier to read.

Last edited: