[SOLVED] Underclock GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME

Oct 8, 2021
I want to underclock my GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME so it will be running 1650MHz instead of the stock default 1770MHz. I've tried to edit the "Core Clock"-curve (MSI Afterburner) and put down all the dots to the right (-120) but it seems that im missing something. Simply dragging the "Core Clock" doesn't work either. The boost seems to push it up to the same Boost MHz when im running Kombustor.

Is there anything else i need to change to achieve this?

Solution
Move the target power from 100% to say 80%.

As long as the card has good thermals and target power it will OC the card by itself. Limiting the target power will limit its ability to OC.

Target power on EVGA Percision X1 is the same as Power limit on MSI Afterburner

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask why you want to underclock the card? It's the exact opposite of what everyone does with a high end GPU like the RTX 2080Ti. If you're trying to get better thermals, then you might want to look into undervolting. As a side note, you might also want to explore if adding a case fan in your chassis will help improve thermals or if buying a new case is more of a better route.

Move the target power from 100% to say 80%.

As long as the card has good thermals and target power it will OC the card by itself. Limiting the target power will limit its ability to OC.

Target power on EVGA Percision X1 is the same as Power limit on MSI Afterburner

Solution