Question Underperforming/Bottlenecking PC?

axelvwatkins

Commendable
Dec 4, 2019
I'll just start with my specs
GPU: rx 580
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
PSU: 350w corsair something idk lmao

Basically, my PC is really underperforming for the price and compared to other videos of similar or identical specs on youtube videos. In games like fortnite, all low settings, i get barely 100 fps, and whenever i engage in a fight, it drops to below 30 every few seconds. I have a few theories, and if any are correct please let me know, or what you think could be the problem. My first theory is that i've got a virus and should factory reset my PC. My friend's brother had similar issues and it was due to a virus. My second idea is that my GPU is being bottlenecked by my CPU. On this thing called xbox game bar, (not sure how accurate this is though) it shows my CPU to be constantly above 90%, often hitting 100%, while my GPU percentage stays below 20% at all times. My last theory, but with no reasoning behind it, is that i need a more powerful power supply. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

axelvwatkins

Commendable
Dec 4, 2019
You should be getting a new PSU regardless. I'm only aware of one Corsair PSU that is designed to push only 350W and that PSU ain't good.

Try disabling IGP in favor of PCI graphics in BIOS settings.
Hey, I’ve figured out how to get to BIOS settings, but how do I disable ‘IGP’? I can’t seem to find anything about it.