Question Underperforming

Nov 30, 2022
Ok, my laptop has these specs
RTX 2060
i7 10th gen
16gb ram
512GB SSD
My problem is that games run at 20-30 fps at most and even Minecraft runs at 15. I sometimes get very short random bursts of performance ramping up my fps to 144 or even 200 but this is very rare.
Everything is up to date, there is barely any dust and the laptop seems to be in good condition(it is 1 year old)
Its a Lenovo 5i

What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming? What is the screen resolution?

I have a nearly identical laptop except it’s 9th generation i7. Mine is 1080p and it has no trouble getting decent fps if I carefully select game settings. For example COD MW I average about 100fps and Deep Rock I cap at 140 although it does drop under this.

I have undervolted mine and put taller rubber feet on it to improve airflow and this helped get the cpu temperature under control. Without these steps it would soon thermal throttle when gaming.

Nov 30, 2022
What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming? What is the screen resolution?

I have a nearly identical laptop except it’s 9th generation i7. Mine is 1080p and it has no trouble getting decent fps if I carefully select game settings. For example COD MW I average about 100fps and Deep Rock I cap at 140 although it does drop under this.

I have undervolted mine and put taller rubber feet on it to improve airflow and this helped get the cpu temperature under control. Without these steps it would soon thermal throttle when gaming.
My cpu temp is roughly 80 degrees Celsius and my gpu temp is 89. Screen resoulution is 1080p.

Nov 30, 2022
That cpu temperature seems strangely low, was that during gaming?

Can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. It might help point to what is underperforming.

Do you have Windows power plan set to high performance and the laptop plugged in?
Sorry for the late reply, i was playing warframe and my cpu temp ranged from 80-90 degrees.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57071283

Nov 30, 2022
So, my laptop specs are(i have a lenovo legion 5i):
I7 10th gen H
Rtx 2060 mobile
16gb hynix ram
512gb ssd
Here is my user benchmark https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57447547
The problem im getting is that games randomly lag for no reason. For example, i was playing warframe on max settings and i was getting 80- 100 fps, but then it randomly dropped down to 10-20. I was not in a resource intensive area or anything. The fps goes back up to high numbers but it seems to drop every 10-50 seconds.
Other games also have this issue.