Question Undervolt Causing Issues After Restart

Ledyba

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
I recently applied an undervolt to my 3070ti to get the temperatures down and it worked flawlessly. I tend to just put my PC to sleep and it's been days without any issue, so I figured everything was fine. Today, however, I shut my PC down and took a nap and when I woke, I was experiencing strange artifacting and crashing within Darktide and a few minor issues in Windows. Not knowing what to do, I deleted the profile, uninstalled Afterburner, restarted and my PC is working fine but now I'm back to square one with the temperatures being higher than I would like. What could be the cause for such behavior and what steps should I take to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I recently applied an undervolt to my 3070ti to get the temperatures down and it worked flawlessly. I tend to just put my PC to sleep and it's been days without any issue, so I figured everything was fine. Today, however, I shut my PC down and took a nap and when I woke, I was experiencing strange artifacting and crashing within Darktide and a few minor issues in Windows. Not knowing what to do, I deleted the profile, uninstalled Afterburner, restarted and my PC is working fine but now I'm back to square one with the temperatures being higher than I would like. What could be the cause for such behavior and what steps should I take to ensure it doesn't happen again?
What are the temperatures?

Those cards don't thermal throttle till like 93C but I would much rather run it in the 85C or less.

EDIT might need to improve case airflow and or adjust your fan curve.

Ledyba

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
What are the temperatures?

Those cards don't thermal throttle till like 93C but I would much rather run it in the 85C or less.

EDIT might need to improve case airflow and or adjust your fan curve.

It was hitting 83c. Never above that to my knowledge but that's certainly warmer than I would like it to be. I've got a 4000D Airflow with fans installed everywhere I could get them.