Question Undervolt for RX 7600 XT

May 28, 2024
Hi đź‘‹

Two days ago I picked up a faulty graphics card under warranty, apparently from the factory. The thing is that I have noticed that when the graphics card is stressed there is a very noticeable electrical sound (coil whine), plus when playing in high/ultra graphics at 1080p with 144 hz refresh rate of my monitor, the fans of my graphics card sound a lot (maybe for me that sound is a lot but for others it may be something normal. I think it's a matter of perspective, but it bugs me).

I've been watching videos and reading things related to undervolt on graphics cards and some users have lowered temperatures, power consumption, and I've read that it decreased the electrical sound and fan noise. I don't know anything about this, nor do I want to intervene in the settings in the AMD Adrenaline software because I'm afraid of doing something wrong and I wanted to know if anyone has any configuration that hasn't given them any problems.

I have a XFX RX 7600 XT; Ryzen 5600x; 16 gb ram; Windows 10; msi b550m pro vdh (no wifi).

Maybe someone can help me on how to set the correct values.

Hi đź‘‹

Two days ago I picked up a faulty graphics card under warranty, apparently from the factory. The thing is that I have noticed that when the graphics card is stressed there is a very noticeable electrical sound (coil whine), plus when playing in high/ultra graphics at 1080p with 144 hz refresh rate of my monitor, the fans of my graphics card sound a lot (maybe for me that sound is a lot but for others it may be something normal. I think it's a matter of perspective, but it bugs me).

I've been watching videos and reading things related to undervolt on graphics cards and some users have lowered temperatures, power consumption, and I've read that it decreased the electrical sound and fan noise. I don't know anything about this, nor do I want to intervene in the settings in the AMD Adrenaline software because I'm afraid of doing something wrong and I wanted to know if anyone has any configuration that hasn't given them any problems.

I have a XFX RX 7600 XT; Ryzen 5600x; 16 gb ram; Windows 10; msi b550m pro vdh (no wifi).

Maybe someone can help me on how to set the correct values.
Hey there,

Most of the time coilwhine depends on the load. So, if a game is running at 144hz/FPS, it's more audible. At lower FPS the sound reduces.

In terms of finding the right values for an undervolt, well, that's really down to you. Because every GPU is different, whatever settings one person will use may not work on yours. It can bring instability. Only you can hel you there.

Something like this may help: https://www.guru3d.com/review/radeon-rx-7600-xt-16gb-sapphire-pulse-oc-review/page-29/

Good luck.

May 28, 2024
Hey there,

Most of the time coilwhine depends on the load. So, if a game is running at 144hz/FPS, it's more audible. At lower FPS the sound reduces.

In terms of finding the right values for an undervolt, well, that's really down to you. Because every GPU is different, whatever settings one person will use may not work on yours. It can bring instability. Only you can hel you there.

Something like this may help: https://www.guru3d.com/review/radeon-rx-7600-xt-16gb-sapphire-pulse-oc-review/page-29/

Good luck.
Thank you for your response. I feel a bit obsessed with the coil whine because with my previous graphics card (Gigabyte Rx 570 4Gb)I didn't have that problem, even at high load it didn't whine. I guess, from what I've read, that also current games demand more powerful hardware and therefore make more noise, like the coil whine, fans working harder and producing a louder sound. I wonder if users with more powerful graphics cards, be it Nvidia or AMD, like for example rtx 4080 or rx 7800 xt, also their graphics cards sound a lot when playing at high frames per second according to the refresh rate of their monitor. Because with my previous graphics card I would disable V-sync and get more fps on my 60 hz monitor and it didn't sound at all, it was very quiet.

TRENDING THREADS