Question Undervolting in AMD Adrenalin and saving the settings - but what if the GPU crashes?

rbogomolec

Honorable
Nov 16, 2017
I used to undervolt Nvidia in MSI Afterburner. So if it crashed, no problem, when the PC did a reset MSI wasn't active and it went back to the normal voltage. But now I have an AMD GPU and I see you can do the undervolting in Adrenalin. But before the changes take place, you have to save them. And Adrenalin starts as soon as Windows boots. So, if I go too low with the voltage, then save it and then the PC crashes, what will happen? Will I be stuck in a loop with no way out and the GPU will keep on crashing cuz of too little voltage before I can get into Adrenalin to undo it?

I used to undervolt Nvidia in MSI Afterburner. So if it crashed, no problem, when the PC did a reset MSI wasn't active and it went back to the normal voltage. But now I have an AMD GPU and I see you can do the undervolting in Adrenalin. But before the changes take place, you have to save them. And Adrenalin starts as soon as Windows boots. So, if I go too low with the voltage, then save it and then the PC crashes, what will happen? Will I be stuck in a loop with no way out and the GPU will keep on crashing cuz of too little voltage before I can get into Adrenalin to undo it?
After a crash Adrenalin switches to defaults and gives notice/warning.