Question Undervolting Made my computer instantly freeze

Dec 1, 2023
Hello guys so i have a MSI GF63 I5 12th gen 4050. I decided to undervolt my mhz from 1605 to 1705. Once i clicked apply, it freezed my laptop. I can shut it down and make it to the windows tab (where u have to put ur password/pin in) and once i log in it freezes instantly. Program which was used: Msi After Burner. Does anyone have a solution :-(

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Restart in safe mode (usually press F8 during startup) and uninstall Afterburner.

Going from 1605 to 1705 is an overclock, not an undervolt, and given you're using a laptop (which usually already run hot at stock speeds) overclocking rarely helps much, if at all.

Reactions: flexxedmywayin
Dec 1, 2023
Restart in safe mode (usually press F8 during startup) and uninstall Afterburner.

Going from 1605 to 1705 is an overclock, not an undervolt, and given you're using a laptop (which usually already run hot at stock speeds) overclocking rarely helps much, if at all.
I love YOU. Thank you so much you're the only one who actually helped me been going around in forums, all i got is a "buy a new laptop" "reta##)". I know im stupid

Reactions: kira-faye

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
I love YOU. Thank you so much you're the only one who actually helped me been going around in forums, all i got is a "buy a new laptop" "reta##)". I know im stupid
Happy it helped.

You may want to look further in to undervolting if you're having trouble with heat, you were on the right track before, just got a little mixed up. If you were trying to overclock for more performance, I wouldn't bother. Pretty much never worth it with a laptop.