[SOLVED] Undoing changes loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeymister

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
After a failed win10 update my comp has been stuck in a loop of it "trying to undo changes to your computer" and restarting over and over again.

I tried looking up fixes on google and tried the hard reset fix but it never goes to the restore option screen, i tried hitting F8 but it only brings up an option for F2 and F12, so that didnt work also tried shift + F8 and nothing.

Pls tell me theres a fix to this as i have no money to fix this pc

you may attempt a repair reinstall/save data/programs....?

(I've never had much luck with WIndows trying to repair itself without a repair reinstall on customer computers once something gets corrupted, but, there is always a first time!)

In any event, download Microsft's Media Creation Tool, and make yourself a Win10 Installation USB flash drive...; it will be version 1909)

Last edited:

Jakeymister

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
you may attempt a repair reinstall/save data/programs....?

(I've never had much luck with WIndows trying to repair itself without a repair reinstall on customer computers once something gets corrupted, but, there is always a first time!)

In any event, download Microsft's Media Creation Tool, and make yourself a Win10 Installation USB flash drive...; it will be version 1909)
I cant get to the desktop to do anything like that, it keeps restarting when i start up the computer.

Jakeymister

Prominent
Jul 14, 2019
Left computer on over night since i was afk and it automatically started an update and woke up to it failing at 60% and it then said to click close and it rebooted and said undoing changes to your computer but it just keeps cycling Dell logo > Blue 4 square windows logo > Undoing changes to your computer > Dell logo.... and again and again.

Turning off the computer doesnt fix it and pressing F8 doesnt bring up anything and holding the power button to turn off and repeat x3 doesnt then bring a recovery option up or anything at all. Its been over 8hrs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS