Question Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error (after installing new RAM)

Sep 25, 2022
I recently installed new RAM on my Asus rog maximus xi hero motherboard. I went from 16 gb (2x8gb) to 32 gb (2x16gb). Both are manufactured by G.Skill. The newer RAM being RIPJAWS DDR4 4400 Mhz

Anyways, after installation I am now frequently met with a BSOD of Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error. I am not sure how to remedy this, nor am I very tech savvy. Any ideas on how to fix this error?
Is there any other information that is required to diagnose my problem? If so, let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Sadfish_Billy

I recently installed new RAM on my Asus rog maximus xi hero motherboard. I went from 16 gb (2x8gb) to 32 gb (2x16gb). Both are manufactured by G.Skill. The newer RAM being RIPJAWS DDR4 4400 Mhz

Anyways, after installation I am now frequently met with a BSOD of Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error. I am not sure how to remedy this, nor am I very tech savvy. Any ideas on how to fix this error?
Is there any other information that is required to diagnose my problem? If so, let me know.

Thanks for your time,
Sadfish_Billy
The error you are being met with states that your ram is a faulty mismatch set.

Thanks for your time,
Sadfish_Billy
The error you are being met with states that your ram is a faulty mismatch set.
This is common in none supported systems so ram isn't in the Mobo support list, or the ram itself is a mismatch set of ram. So some one in gskill didn't match the ram kit right

Thanks for your time,
Sadfish_Billy
See if there is a bios update for the mobo.