Unexplained Lagging With Good Specs On Any Settings

Oct 12, 2018
I have a lagging problem and audio problem with any game on my PC. This happens no matter what settings I play on. It seems to be random when it happens. My CPU, GPU, or memory usage are never being used to their full potential either. All my drivers are up to date, I am sure of that. I have my GPU overclocked, but I stressed tested it so that it would not cause problems in games. Also when I turn the overclocking off, the problem still persists. I have done a lot of research and have tried to optimize my PC as much as possible. I have read many other forums and attempted to fix it the way others have and nothing has worked. I have deleted gaming files, reinstalled them, changed PC settings, messed with the registry editor, and many other things.

I just tested it my usage on Fifa 18 for 30 seconds on the highest settings and it lagged and skipped a couple times. Max GPU usage was 77%, Max CPU usage was 28%, and Max Memory usage was 42%. When I turn the settings down it just lowers the usage, but the lagging and audio cracking does not get any better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs:
Processor - Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50 GHz
Memory - 16 GB RAM
Windows 10
Graphics - AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7900 Series
Direct X 12
Samsung SSD 232 GB
Power Supply - Ultra 750 watt ATX

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for your response,

I am monitoring temps for my GPU, that does not appear to be the problem because when I am running my fan at faster speeds, the temp never gets above 55 degrees C. However for my CPU, when I run the BIOS, it says the temperature of my CPU is 99 degrees C. I realized this was high so I checked the fan speed of my CPU. My CPU fan speed was already at 100% though. The whole time I was in the BIOS the temperature of my CPU never moved from 99 degrees C. It concerns me that my fan speed is all the way up and it is still that hot though. I downloaded a program to watch CPU temperature and no matter what I am doing, it says my CPU is at 128 degrees C. I do not know what to do to get it cooler. Maybe this is the problem I am having.

When I type in dxdiag and bring up the Diagnostic Tool, under the display tab it says "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series." I looked at some old paperwork though and I found papers that said Sapphire Radeon Graphics, but not a specific model. So I am not sure how to find a specific card for you.

Also for my power supply, I have an Ultra 750 watt ATX power supply.

Oct 12, 2018

Thanks for your response,

I am monitoring temps for my GPU, that does not appear to be the problem because when I am running my fan at faster speeds, the temp never gets above 55 degrees C. However for my CPU, when I run the BIOS, it says the temperature of my CPU is 99 degrees C. I realized this was high so I checked the fan speed of my CPU. My CPU fan speed was already at 100% though. The whole time I was in the BIOS the temperature of my CPU never moved from 99 degrees C. It concerns me that my fan speed is all the way up and it is still that hot though. I downloaded a program to watch CPU temperature and no matter what I am doing, it says my CPU is at 128 degrees C. I do not know what to do to get it cooler. Maybe this is the problem I am having.

When I type in dxdiag and bring up the Diagnostic Tool, under the display tab it says "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series." I looked at some old paperwork though and I found papers that said Sapphire Radeon Graphics, but not a specific model. So I am not sure how to find a specific card for you.

Also for my power supply, I have an Ultra 750 watt ATX power supply.