Unidentified network- No internet Access Ethernet Win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srhamiko

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
yesterday my Ethernet connection stopped working suddenly was using and any moment stopped working I have tried many things and I can not make it work, this is the model of the adapter (Intel (R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM) and this is the error in the diagnosis of Intel.

connection Status: Failed
This test Relies on a response from a
gateway, DNS, DHCP, or WINS server and
no such response was received. any such
server connection for this May be unavailable
or misconfigured.
This adapter is configured
to Obtain an IP address automatically
but no DHCP server is present on the network.
Windows selected an IP address using Alternate
Private IP Addressing.

Solution

Hello again Srhamiko

Did you try turning off the wireless NIC using the keyboard shortcut? Please note that you don't have to disable the NIC but turn it off from the computer itself. There must be an icon for turning the Wi-Fi on or off on your keyboard.

Many times the computers ignore the wired NIC when Wi-Fi is enabled. Turning the wireless NIC off automatically brings the wired one in focus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Srhamiko

Can you please confirm how your computer is connected to the Internet? Is there a router that your PC is connected to and the router then further connects to the Internet, your computer has a direct LAN cable provided by your ISP, etc.?

It looks like the router your computer is connected to has some issues. Can you please restart the router and check if that helps? If it doesn't, you may want to disable, and then re-enable your computer's NIC to check if the issue is resolved.

Feel free to report back with detailed information to allow us provide you with further assistance.

Srhamiko

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Yes, I'm connected to the internet now I'm using the Wifi problem comes when I try to connect through the Ethernet cable, to use the router does not recognize, so I have no connection to the internet but Wifi still works perfectly

try what you said but did not work: 'c

Hello again Srhamiko

In that case, you may want to assign a static IP address to your computer. Before doing so, you must check the IP address your wireless NIC has. To do so:

> In the Cortana search bar, type CMD and hit Enter.

> In the command window, type IPCONFIG /ALL and hit Enter.

> From the displayed results, note IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and preferred and alternate DNS server addresses.

> Once done, in the Cortana search bar itself, type NCPA.CPL and hit Enter.

> In the Network Connections window, right-click the wired NIC.

> Go to Properties from the context menu.

> Click Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the displayed list.

> Click Properties.

> In the available fields of the box that opens next, type the same addresses in their corresponding fields as you noted from the command line, except for the IP address. The IP address should be incremented by one (for simplicity). For example, if the IP address for the wireless NIC is 192.168.0.5, assign 192.168.0.6 as the static IP address to the wired NIC.

> Click OK to save the changes and close all the opened boxes.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Hello again Srhamiko

Did you try turning off the wireless NIC using the keyboard shortcut? Please note that you don't have to disable the NIC but turn it off from the computer itself. There must be an icon for turning the Wi-Fi on or off on your keyboard.

Many times the computers ignore the wired NIC when Wi-Fi is enabled. Turning the wireless NIC off automatically brings the wired one in focus.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.