uninstall a program on a secondary HDD?

Zalgo

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2014
Is there any type of software/any way that would be able to uninstall specific programs off my secondary hard drive?

Just made a new build and my secondary (used to be main) hard drive is being used for the storage of programs to save SSD space. My question is, is there any way to uninstall specific programs off my hard drive now that its a secondary or am I just forced to go into the program files and delete their folders and whatever other associated files I can find?

I ask this because I know formatting is the most common answer but majority of the things I still want to keep and use on that hard drive.

Solution
Well unless you installed it after you installed the SSD, there wont be any option to uninstall it.

So you may have no option but to delete its folder.

Unless theres an uninstall file in the folder it's in. But it may look on c for info which isnt there.

It wont run anyway
Well unless you installed it after you installed the SSD, there wont be any option to uninstall it.

So you may have no option but to delete its folder.

Unless theres an uninstall file in the folder it's in. But it may look on c for info which isnt there.

It wont run anyway

Solution

cTigon

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Your best bet it to do it manually. Just delete all traces of whatever you have of a specific program on your external HDD.

If you are nit-picky, I believe CCleaner by Piriform has a Drive Cleaner that lets you manage certain data on your HDDs.

joex444

Distinguished
Since you're putting new programs on your secondary drive "to save space on the SSD" this means some of the folders are actively used and others aren't. You can sort by modified date - anything which isn't actually installed and used will be old. Just delete them yourself. Be sure to enable viewing of hidden files and folders as there's going to be some hidden junk.

Also rethink your idea. You should install programs to the SSD so that they load quickly. It's data, like movies and music, that you want on your HDD.