Uninstall and Reinstall Windows 10

Nov 9, 2018
I thought i'd make this post here because my situation seems to be a bit too specific for general googling.

Basically, one month ago i broke my SSD and had to get it replaced along with my OS, which at the time was a legitimate but unactivated copy of Windows 10 that i didn't install myself. When i got my new SSD, without realising that i could download that again, i downloaded, installed and, using a USB, booted a 1 month TRIAL of Windows 10 onto my computer that i had been using without issue until now of course, as the trial has expired. Now i am stuck with a PC that shuts down every hour on the dot.

I just need a step by step process of what i should do, for example i'm not sure if i need to uninstall windows and then install it via another boot drive, or if i can just download a program that will 'upgrade' my version to an unactivated regular old copy of Windows 10 like i used to have.

I've already tried using the Windows Media Creation Tool, just clicking 'Upgrade Now' to no avail.

What should i do? Thanks

Solution
Two options:
Wipe the drive and do it right, but unactivated: https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/
Wipe the drive and do it right, and pay for it.
We can't help you with solutions for bypassing legitimacy. If you already have an unactivated copy on your system, that's one thing, and we can help you with problems. But helping reinstall or bypass the activation is the same as piracy and we can't help with that. I'd suggest you BUY a Windows license and be done with the shenanigans.

Although I don't recommend it, there are sites where you can get a license fairly cheap. It's risky though. Works for some people while others end up right where you are now after a few months or the next time they need to reinstall.

Nov 9, 2018

This is sort of a reply to everyone, but i sorted it out shortly after making this post. I simply rebooted my PC with a legitimate windows boot drive and am now running on an unactivated copy of Windows, so essentially what you suggested.