Uninstalled Intel Graphics 4000 from Device Manager now only see black screen

InfernoChaos

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I recently bought a gaming PC but have been dissatisfied with its performance. I found out it was because all the games kept defaulting to my Intel 4000 graphics instead of the separate GTX660 that I had bought, so I tried to fix it myself despite being not tech savvy in the slightest.

I read posts telling me to go into BIOS but for my computer that's impossible as whenever it boots up the screen would remain black on no signal until it fully boots up to the desktop. That ended up frustrating me and I looked more until I found one post saying the process is as simple as just uninstalling the Intel graphics 4000 from my Computers device manager. So I ended up doing that and Lo and behold as soon as I did the monitor went black completely and now displays nothing at all no matter what I do.

I apologize for my ramblings and I know it is my own boneheaded fault but I am literally at an ends here with a headache with no idea what to do next. I can hear my computer fully boot up but I just can't see anything on the screen. Any help would greatly be appreciated and thanks to anyone who went through all the effort to read all of this.

The standard VGA driver should have kicked in when you booted up again. If it didn't, there's another problem here. My recommendation is to pop out the CMOS battery from the motherboard, wait about 5 seconds and put it back in. That will reset the CMOS to its default settings and you should have a display again. Please post your system specs and perhaps we'll be able to help you more.

potpolima

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
bios is the first software your computer will be using and bios is not windows dependent ...even if you disabled hd4000 on device manager, there will always be a display in your bios...your 660 might be faulty, installed incorrectly at the mobo or not powered by psu..

InfernoChaos

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
@lookerup: my monitor is attached through a vga cable from it to me computers motherboard, sadly I don't have any dvi to vga cables for my graphics card to my monitor. Is that absolutely needed to display games from my graphics card?

@avro arrow: I sadly do not have any idea how to tell my exact specs without some program on my original PC to help me. i just know I have an Asrock Z77 Motherboard along with a nividia GTX660 running windows 7. I tried the popping out the cmos to no avail sadly.

@potpolima: Woud the gtx 660 being not installed correctly even affect the display of the intel 4000 that I uninstalled?

InfernoChaos

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I currently don't have any DVI to VGA cables on hand, but if I bought some would it be as simple as just connecting my graphics card from the dvi slot straight to the monitors vga slot and then it'd be immediately functioning like it previously did? As in it'd just see it as the ne monitor input and display my entire desktop and all icons/folders as if nothing happened?