Question Unique problem

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys, I've got a weird problem

Im using a program called 1D Optimizer on a surface pro 3 with the docking system hooked up. Im using both mini displayport connections to two 23" monitors.

The problem is:
When I copy some data from excel, paste it into 1D optimizer, and the program completely freezes, I have to force close it. Its not just excel, its any program(I tried a few to rule out excel).

Now the weird part is: when I disconnect one of the monitors, it works just fine. I tried using a different docking station, different cables, I tried one cable plugged into the docking station and one directly to the surface, it doesn't work when both monitors are plugged in.. Im just so confused as to why this might happen.

If anyone has encountered anything similar to this with any programs or anything please let me know!

Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Two monitors: Duplicate or Extend mode?

In either case, does Duplicate or Extend work with other software?

Does the following link match the software you are using?

https://download.cnet.com/1D-Cutting-Optimizer/3000-2064_4-10118751.html

Seems specialized - do you know anyone else successfully running 1D Optimizer with two monitors?

From the link:

"1DNest launches a rather plain-though-functional interface. Although similar to the familiar three-paned e-mail client, this app features four panes: one across the top specifying the current project, a vertical pane on the left for listing and describing required parts, an upper-right pane for listing source materials, and a lower-right pane for entering size and waste allowances."

With your requirement being to move/rearrange the panes between the two monitors - correct?

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Two monitors: Duplicate or Extend mode?

In either case, does Duplicate or Extend work with other software?

Does the following link match the software you are using?

https://download.cnet.com/1D-Cutting-Optimizer/3000-2064_4-10118751.html

Seems specialized - do you know anyone else successfully running 1D Optimizer with two monitors?

From the link:

"1DNest launches a rather plain-though-functional interface. Although similar to the familiar three-paned e-mail client, this app features four panes: one across the top specifying the current project, a vertical pane on the left for listing and describing required parts, an upper-right pane for listing source materials, and a lower-right pane for entering size and waste allowances."

With your requirement being to move/rearrange the panes between the two monitors - correct?

Hello Thanks for your reply!

The monitors are in Extend mode, every other software works just fine.

And yes, I've tried the same system on two other computers including another surface pro. My requirement is just to be able to paste into the program 1D optimizer.
Im going to try and update the graphics driver, that's my guess for now.