Unknow Mac Address

Apr 30, 2018
Hello, I just found some mac address connected to my network it doesn't have any IP address or host name but when I looked into my router i see unknown mac address does anyone know what is this or how did this happened?
here is the MAC address i'm telling you

6C:5C:14:DB:F0:48

Solution
Hard to say without knowing a lot more about your network, perhaps something else wireless like a printer or phone, etc??

To be an unauthorized PC you would have to (1) not be using WPA2, (2) have given someone else access with your security key, or (3) be using WPS, which makes your network very easy to access in a side door attack using Reaver.

One way to figure it out would be to block that MAC address in your router and see what no longer connects.

RealBeast

Titan
Hard to say without knowing a lot more about your network, perhaps something else wireless like a printer or phone, etc??

To be an unauthorized PC you would have to (1) not be using WPA2, (2) have given someone else access with your security key, or (3) be using WPS, which makes your network very easy to access in a side door attack using Reaver.

One way to figure it out would be to block that MAC address in your router and see what no longer connects.

Solution