[SOLVED] unknown capacity of mac pro fb-dimm

Jun 22, 2020
I purchased 2 2006-2008 Original Mac Pro Model A1186 2.66ghz quadcore.
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-2.66-specs.html
They have a variety of FB-DIMM RAM installed in pairs, but they all have labels from 3rd party vendors EXCEPT one RAM board has 4 sticks & the only thing on the labels is a barcode that says:

Removal will voice Warranty, CE Rohs, 1203138 (1203139, 1203140, 1203141), April 2016. There's no brand name or capacity, just the manufacture date or perhaps a 10 year warranty expiration date?

I have no SATA hard drive nor do I have Mac OS X in order to boot up & just click About This Mac. Is there any way to determine each stick of RAM's capacity?

Solution
Unfortunately, not a way to find out without booting something as the labels aren't of any use as they look like serial numbers. But this is a really easy thing to do if you have a CD drive on the system, just make a live cd of memtest and not only will you know what memory you have and how much, but it will test it as well. :)
Jun 22, 2020
KI7SdIN.jpg

Unfortunately, not a way to find out without booting something as the labels aren't of any use as they look like serial numbers. But this is a really easy thing to do if you have a CD drive on the system, just make a live cd of memtest and not only will you know what memory you have and how much, but it will test it as well. :)

Solution
Jun 22, 2020
it worked! i made a USB bootable image on my windows laptop and held down the Option key on the mac while booting and I have 4 sticks of 2gb each of pc6400 fbdimm ram! thanks!