Unknown expressions in Front Page

When reading and learning Front Page's helpprogram I've encountered some
words I don't understand. Would anyone be so kind and explain the meaning of
the following words.
1)SERVERBASED WEBPLACE
2)SERVERADDITION FOR FRONT PAGE
3)INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES (ISS)
4)WAIS
5)INDEX SERVER
6)ODBC-COMPATIBLE DATABASE

Thanks in advance

Computernovice wrote:
> When reading and learning Front Page's helpprogram I've encountered
> some words I don't understand. Would anyone be so kind and explain
> the meaning of the following words.
> 1)SERVERBASED WEBPLACE
> 2)SERVERADDITION FOR FRONT PAGE
> 3)INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES (ISS)
> 4)WAIS
> 5)INDEX SERVER
> 6)ODBC-COMPATIBLE DATABASE
>
> Thanks in advance

Even if you are a novice, I'd recommend that you see the MS public newsgroups devoted to Frontpage.
See microsoft.public.frontpage.client
microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Do you have an introductory book on FrontPage? You may want to get a good one.

On # 2, Server "extensions" for FrontPage are used on servers (for example, at your Internet-server Host where "you" have your webpages) and they are a set of tools that make it possible for the "host" to be effective in serving pages tailored for FrontPage.

On # 1, do you have the correct term?

I might suggest you take a look at this book: Step by Step Microsoft Office FrontPage, published by Microsoft Press.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Thank You, Maurice for Your help. I'll try to get this book You recommend.
A bientôt

Computernovice wrote:
> Thank You, Maurice for Your help. I'll try to get this book You
> recommend. A bientôt

Au revoir. Il n'y a pas de quoi.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

try microsoft.public.frontpage.client

"Computernovice" <Computernovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When reading and learning Front Page's helpprogram I've encountered some
> words I don't understand. Would anyone be so kind and explain the meaning
> of
> the following words.
> 1)SERVERBASED WEBPLACE
> 2)SERVERADDITION FOR FRONT PAGE