[SOLVED] Unknown MSI Afterburner Option

Jan 28, 2020
Hello. I was hoping someone can help me understand what the below pictured MSI Afterburner UI option does? It can be toggled, when clicked on, between the two, arrow-indicated, settings(?):

fzCt5S2.png

Thank you in advance for any provided information relating to this option!

- Jinxxxy

Last edited:
Solution
If you have multiple GPUs installed, you can select which GPU you want to change settings for in the general properties area. If you have identical GPUs, you should check Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors. If you have different GPUs, like 1 GTX 970 and a GTX 960, you should not check that option, otherwise MSI Afterburner will try and apply higher clock speeds to a GPU that may or may not be able to handle higher clocks.
Jan 28, 2020
Thank you for this Kerberos!

This confirms the original assumption I had; that it involved GPU mirroring/syncing of some kind, but the line-item list structure of the GPU's threw me off that idea, as there is no clear indication that the toggle applies to both of them. However, it would make sense if identical GPU's are required for syncing to occur. Do you happen to know if this is true?

Thank you again Kerberos.

- Jinxxxy

If you have multiple GPUs installed, you can select which GPU you want to change settings for in the general properties area. If you have identical GPUs, you should check Synchronize settings for similar graphics processors. If you have different GPUs, like 1 GTX 970 and a GTX 960, you should not check that option, otherwise MSI Afterburner will try and apply higher clock speeds to a GPU that may or may not be able to handle higher clocks.

Reactions: Jinxxxy
Solution
Jan 28, 2020
Got it; that settles that. I do not have identical GPU's, so I will not be messing around with that setting any more.

Thank you very much for your help Kerberos. You look to be a great asset to this community and I'm glad to have posted this thread when I did. Thank you again and have a wonderful night!

- Jinxxxy