UNKNOWN PROBLEM!!! PLS HELP!!!

Vincentkhm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After running 3D Mark 2000, computer hangs. I reset the computer. After self-test, the computer suddenly turns off. When I switch back the computer, nothing display and cannot begin self-test. I've built this computer /w following hardware in Tuesday: (I have not O/C)
Abit KT7A
AMD TB 850
Buffulo PC-133 128 MB RAM
Inno3D GeForce 2 MX
FOP 32 Fan Heat Sink
PowerMax 300W ATX Power
And my CPU's temperature is 39'C, is it OK?

G

Your hardware looks ok, and the CPU temperature for an AMD is excellent. The blank screen you are getting sounds like what i was having when i had an nvidia board and abit mb. Sometimes, after a crash, nothing would come up. Waiting about 15 min and the problem went away. Really annoying, but i never found another way around it. As for the computer hanging in the first place with 3D mark, its not so easy.
1. Check your drivers
2. You just built the computer. Make sure nothings lose (thought there shouldn't be)
3. Reinstall windows (which one are you using?) and try again

Good luck!

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Reset the CMOS then go into bios and make sure that you have the softmenu III set to the right speed. They KT7's have problems with somethings like restarting when that is not set right. Check www.abit-usa.com, the FAQ's section for more info about this.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Okay I am not quite following you here are you saying that you cannot get the computer to run now or after you run 3d mark you lock and have to wait to be able to boot? I can tell you one thing your inno3d card is, well, not the greatest and this should be suspect. Yes It is a gforce, but remember nvidia only makes the chipset, other things like bad memory and the like are supplied by inno3d and of questionalbe quality.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!