Unknown Spontaneous Overheating?

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
This is a fairly common case of an overheat.

Basically I just replaced my 700w Power supply unit, which kept my PC around 23-24 Degrees Celsius before it broke. Now I have a 750w PSU, and the fan is doing well, problem is, just everything inside is still hot. The Temperature Display says the CPU is 27 Celsius, HDD 27 Celsius, and SYS 28 Celsius. (It's always like this, even idle.) It usually gets to this temperature in a couple of hours. My past PSU Never got to this temperature (until the fans got stuck up and the PSU stopped functioning, and even after leaving it on overnight!) I've cleaned out the Fans, and yet everything is still pretty hot, the Metal bars or Heat sink looking things are very hot to the touch, and burns after I'd say .5 seconds of being in contact.

Here are my System Specs

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor

RAM - 8GB

System Type - 64 bit Operating system

Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 650 Ti NVIDIA

Operating System Windows 7

PSU EVGA SUPERNOVA 750W

Would appreciate any response, whether asking for more detail, or just tips!

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Well uh, my computer inside is hot to the touch, and constantly pulling out warm air(Case fan). (For the first couple of days of installing my PSU, it was around 23 C). My room is always boiling hot, and I don't hear noise from the PSU Fan, and it's not on any sort of ECO mode. All the fans are working properly. ( I don't know how fast/and such the PSU fan be... http:// This is my PSU if any additional information is needed.

Rakanyshu

Distinguished

You can download hwmonitor here http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html or google it, it will help you get more accurate readings on cpu and other hardware temperatures. The temps you are giving are perfectly normal and rather low for a computer in use, so it would be better to get an idea of the actual temps to see if there is a problem, and the software will measure disks, ram, cpu, mobo, and other hardware temps.

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Oh man, the readings are definitely wrong! The HWM is reporting that TPMIN0 is 34,34,34 Celsius, TPMIN1 being 34,30,36 C, but TMPIN2 is 22-35,18,37 C. This IS only on Idle however. Here's when the System is on Idle http:// and .

I mean still, it's always going to be very warm no matter what, and I don't know if there's any solution to this.

Now on like a loaded time http://

You probably had an inefficient PSU that required the fan to spin quite fast to keep it cool and it was pulling air from inside the case. The new PSU is efficient and the fan spins slowly or not at all until it needs to. Add a fan to pull more cool air from the front or the bottom of the case or an extra outlet fan at the top to get more hot air out. Older cases with a top mounted PSU often require a PSU that pulls enough hot air out of the case.

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Well I've uh, tried this. The only fans I have are one in the front pulling air in, one on the side pulling air in, one on the top pulling air OUT, and one on the back Pushing air Out. The air in my room is still warm after a while, just not as warm. The Temperatures that are being read by the Program are still the same. I don't know if there really is any other way for my problem to be fixed. My PSU is always cool, sometimes a bit warm, but I don't know what else to do. I'm relatively new to all this Hardware and Technology stuff so I don't have solutions or what's wrong.

Partial Inside look Idk what these two things are, but the bottom one is always hot.Something? Idk what this is either, but that's also hot. Almost as death burning as the first image.

Install AMD Overdrive and then tell us what the thermal margin is when running Prime95 Small FFTs. With a more efficient PSU, you case will be warmer because that's one less fan pulling hot air out. What size are the fans and how fast do they spin? Positive or negative pressure? You are using a water cooler; do you include the cooler fan as an exhaust fan?

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

The Thermal Margin with Prime95 SmallFFTs are around 31 C to 34 C. For the Case Fans, I believe they're 120 mm, and supposed to go up to 2000 RPM, but are currently spinning at 2200-2400 RPM and the other listed fan in the program at 1200. There are other Pre-mounted Fans in the Case, but I don't know their side. As for the Pressure I don't know, but I can list them with some instructions :p. The Water Cooler Radiator is being used as the Exhaust with a case fan. Reports via AMD

When everything is Idle, the Fan speeds are 1700 and 1200. The Margins Idle are 44-52 C

FrenchMoose

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Well the problem is, my Sibling's computers are around this temperature or Higher, and their room is perfectly cool, however my room for some odd reason is just always the same temperature as the Computer itself.