Unkown GPU Heat Problem

Jan 10, 2019
So here my problem. I recently have had zero problems with my GPU. In the pass i have changed thermal paste and whatnot to ensure the GPU stays cool. However as of lately my GPU has been overheating while im gaming and causing my PC to crash. Mind you I'm not using stressful settings or presets. So i intially thought "Oh my paste has gone bad since it had been around 3 months" ( although pastes usually last longer). So I open it up and replace PERFECTLY FINE thermal paste and then check my thermal pads to my v-ram and it perfectly fine. So I really don't know what the problem is here. This only happens mind you whiole gaming it gets up to 83 C (Which is fine) but sometimes jump to 90+ super fast causing it to crash my PC to prevent damage. But the weird thing is while idle i get 28-30 C. I can't make anything of it if you guys could help that's be awesome my specs are listed below and a link to my PC. Thanks in advance.

GTX 1070
I7-6700k
16 GB ram
1TB hard drive

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/asus-rog-g20cb-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/5614801?page=2

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

set up a custom fan curve, i usually do 100% at 80c

that might help

Jan 10, 2019

I did and it's almost like it doesn't effect it. I'm wondering if it's a thermostat problem. Because it's unaturally jumping.