[SOLVED] Unlocking 2 cores to 4 cores

Aug 6, 2020
I have AMD A10 7800 and my motherboard is BIOSTAR HI-FI A70U3P. Does anyone know how to unlock 4 cores? Cuz in Heaven Benchmark and Task manager my cores are only 2 and when I check my CPU-Z my cores are 4. I don't know what is the real cores of my cpu right now.

Solution
in Bios, many AMD AM3 and FM2 motherboards have an ACC tab.
it's been used to override the number of cores - usually to unlock a disabled core in a Phenom X3 or similar - but it can also be used to disable cores, essentially downgrade a processor to fewer cores to suit a motherboard limitation or just for power savings.

sometimes that setting gets corrupted and it doesn't hurt to check

In the device manager, it's 4 and in MSConfig boot advance options I check and change the number of processors 1 to 4 and I check also the maximum memory.
-ps, I don't know whats the meaning of ACC you mention here hehe.
May want to check your bios version and whether cores were disabled in ACC. Also check boot options settings in msconfig.
It could be the bios or O/S isn't proper config'ed

P.S. definitely 4-cores, might want to check in device mgr and check what's showing there

Last edited:
Reactions: JOLIX
Aug 6, 2020
May want to check your bios version and whether cores were disabled in ACC. Also check boot options settings in msconfig.

P.S. definitely 4-cores, might want to check in device mgr and check what's showing there
Thanks! I will check it now.

Aug 6, 2020

In the device manager, it's 4 and in MSConfig boot advance options I check and change the number of processors 1 to 4 and I check also the maximum memory.

bignastyid

Titan
That cpu has 2 modules that can process 2 threads each(so a total of 4 threads). Many programs will see this as 2 cores 4 threads.
Technically it's not a true 4 core as the cores in each module have to share a FPU. AMD lost a class action lawsuit over this issue on their FX lineup.

Reactions: JOLIX
AMD's own datasheet disagrees:
Model:A10-7800 with Radeon™ R7 Series

Family:AMD A-Series Processors

Line:AMD A10-Series APU for Desktops

Platform:Boxed Processor

OPN Tray:AD7800YBI44JA

OPN PIB:AD7800YBJABOX

# of CPU Cores:4

# of Threads:4

# of GPU Cores:8

That cpu has 2 modules that can process 2 threads each(so a total of 4 threads). Many programs will see this as 2 cores 4 threads.
Technically it's not a true 4 core as the cores in each module have to share a FPU. AMD lost a class action lawsuit over this issue on their FX lineup.

in Bios, many AMD AM3 and FM2 motherboards have an ACC tab.
it's been used to override the number of cores - usually to unlock a disabled core in a Phenom X3 or similar - but it can also be used to disable cores, essentially downgrade a processor to fewer cores to suit a motherboard limitation or just for power savings.

sometimes that setting gets corrupted and it doesn't hurt to check

Solution