Question unlocking 2670v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
Hello friends. 1 week ago I bought "machinist x99 pr9 + 2670v3 + 16gb ddr4 2133mhz" set from internet. I want to use it in turbo mode, but can it be done without modding the bios? I watched a lot of videos on the internet, but I couldn't find anyone who does this motherboard model. I'm worried it will break if anything goes wrong. Or is there a chance to do this via windows? There are so many settings in the bios content that my eyes get tired looking :) and unfortunately it is not a menu that I am always used to. Is there anyone among us who can help without damaging the bios?

smgb1nz.jpg

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
The cpu in your post and in the screenshot of cpuz differ.
cpu-z sees the 2670v3 processor as 2669v3. If you search for this processor on YouTube, other users have the same situation. but it sees it as 2670v3 on the bios screen. There is no problem.

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
I watched this and many similar videos. I don't think it's complicated, I can do it very easily. However, I'm not sure if the ones in the video are compatible with my motherboard. In case of incorrect intervention in the Bios, there will be no reversal.

I ordered the set online and this is exactly what arrived.
link: "https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.5.76b03d12kkqA0G&gatewayAdapt=glo2tur"

Actually, my main goal is to go to the bios settings and operate from there without modifying the bios. But it doesn't look like the menus of any motherboard I've ever bought. it is very complicated. Well, if I take pictures of the bios menu, can you tell me what I should do?

What I need;
1-) increase cpu ghz
2-) play cpu voltage

I want to do these two from the bios menu without modifying the bios. There are settings but I don't know which one.

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
Last edited:

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
before skylake you can overclock any cpu without black screen after exceed 103mhz, change clock mode (base clock) to overclock
overclock haswell, you can overclock igpu with xtu
Hello.
I have tested. but ghz does not change in any way. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be fixed without changing the bios. If anyone has any ideas, I'm ready to help.

Max Turbo Frequency
3.10GHz

Processor Base Frequency
2.30GHz

Currently I cannot go above 2.3ghz no matter what I do. I cannot intervene with any program.

Last edited:

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
Hello friends. Today I took a risk and unlocked my 2670v3 processor. I was very afraid that the motherboard would break, but the result is perfect. However, the only problem is the temperature values. No matter what I did, I could not reduce the voltage in the Windows environment. BIOS settings are very complex. I shot a short video of the bios settings. I would appreciate it if you could write in detail where and what I should do.

video link:

mtchannel

Commendable
May 24, 2022
Hello. Unfortunately, the video has been deleted because it has expired. But I solved all my problems. Currently I can use "machinist x99 pr9 + 2670v3" as a turbo. I can control the processor voltage and speed from the bios. I had to change the bios to do these. I was very scared but I did it. In my personal opinion, virtual cores other than physical cores are of no use to me. I tested most of the new generation games in turbo mode and normal mode with the rx570 8gb graphics card. There was almost no change. Of course, he played at 5-10 fps, but instead of dealing with the heating problem, it was more logical to get 5-10 fps less in normal mode. The worst fps I got in normal mode was between 80-100 fps. including gta5. It gave 5-10 fps more in turbo mode. However, the temperature was increasing by 10-15 degrees. Currently I am very happy with my motherboard and processor. I worked hard to get the turbo working. If I had known it would happen like this, I wouldn't have tried so hard. It was a big risk because I didn't have a spare motherboard, but I learned new information.

If anyone uses the same brand, model and processor. I can share the turbo mode and original bios file. Of course, it is at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.