Question Unmetered or unlimited hosting

stefs1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
I want to make website.
But, somewhere i find Unmetered, somewhere unlimited storage, ssd, bandwitch etc.
Do unmeter and unlimited is the same?

I guess it depends on the package you buy. I know from google and some of the other big ones you buy data packages that have both storage and data maximum usage. These numbers tend to be huge even for inexpensive packages. more than enough for valid use.

Many do not limit the speed you transfer and you can get 10g ports on the server, you just hit your data cap sooner.

I doubt you will find many completely unlimited packages. The guys who collect stolen movies and music would love sites like that.

The guys who collect stolen movies and music would love sites like that.
Funny that. BlueHost aggressively polices their servers for that kind of thing and, if you're running just a collection of junk like that, you'll find your server shut down.

I had to have a bit of a negotiation session with them when I ran a distro mirror on my server--then again, I had actual content and had plenty of traffic that wasn't associated with just mirror downloads. They weren't upset about it, but did mention that I wouldn't last long if I started storing .mp4s, .mp3s, or just plain photos without legitimate presentation context on my filesystem.

I still want if someone can explain difference between Unmetered or unlimited hosting.

I must have missed seeing that....sorry.

"Unlimited hosting" refers to the server storage space you are allocated for your server IP address.
Some hosts limit drive space to x-number of GB or TB. An "unlimited" host provider says that you have no limit, because most site owners will actually self-limit to some number anyway.

"Unmetered hosting" refers to the outbound bandwidth utilization from your server IP address.
This just means that the hosting service won't be tracking your bandwidth usage and charging you for it. It does not mean that there is no technological limit to the outbound bandwidth from your server, nor does it mean that there is a technological limit to the number of inbound sessions to your server. Common sense dictates that there are limits, however, those limits are imposed by the capabilities of the technologies used in the hosting service server farm, instead of an arbitrary limit imposed by the hosting service.